Lamb Neck Tacos
3 pounds lamb neck *
1 ounce oil
3 Tbsp roasted onion powder
2 Tbsp paprika
4 ounces fish sauce
1 Tbsp salt
4 habanero peppers or other hot chili peppers
6 onions halved
1. Saute onions in oil on medium-high heat until seared in a large, tall sauce pot.
2. Season necks with onion powder, salt, and sear on all sides until the meat is uniformly golden dark brown all over.
3. Add peppers, fish sauce, paprika, and onion powder. Add water until necks are completely submerged.
4. Boil the bring to a simmer for 2-3 hours until meat is tender. Add water as needed.
5. When tender, remove necks and allow to cool until able to touch. Remove meat from bones.
6. Reduce the braising liquid until syrupy and add to shredded meat. Add only enough to flavour.
7) Put in corn tortillas** and top with your favourite garnish.
* you may also add lamb breast
** may also be served on pasta or on buns